Looking for an inspirational career? Be a revolutionary.
We’re dedicated to developing new antibiotics that will address critical health problems now and in the future. We hope you share this vision, and will bring your talent and ideas to this important goal. Our groundbreaking technology provides the opportunity for rapid development of important new drugs. Come join us and help us move forward: Every minute counts. Come join a small, highly focused team in the Boston area. Please use the form below to inquire about employment opportunities.
Benefits and Rewards
Macrolide Pharma’s offers benefits to attract and retain the most talented individuals with skills and energy to contribute to our shared vision of building a collaborative drug development company. We offer competitive health and financial compensation and benefits packages that reward employees with a share in our company’s success.
Health, wellness and financial benefits
We provide a comprehensive benefits package aimed at improving the financial, physical, and personal health of our employees and their families. Here are some of our benefits:
- Health care coverage, including medical, prescription drug, vision, dental
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a competitive company match
Paid time off
We believe supporting a positive work-life balance is crucial for employee satisfaction and performance — we encourage our employees to spend ample time with family and friends. We offer substantial paid time off and paid holidays each year.
Macrolide Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Macrolide Pharmaceuticals also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Associate Director/Director of Analytical Chemistry
We are seeking a motivated and versatile individual to join our CMC group as Associate Director/Director of Analytical Chemistry. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing phase appropriate analytical methods for our small molecule programs, transferring these methods to CROs/CMOs, and for directing analytical development and validation at CROs/CMOs. This position will be responsible for support of non-GMP and GMP manufacturing, stability studies, and release testing and will work closely with other CMC functional areas, the Quality unit, and outside contractors. The candidate should have extensive experience in drug development and in collaborating with internal and external groups. The candidate should be innovative, reliable, flexible, and have a proven track record of solving complex analytical problems as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Some domestic and international travel is required.
• Develop phase appropriate analytical methods to support drug development
• Manage a mixture of internal and external activities such as development, validation, stability studies, release testing of drug substance and drug product
• Support the Process Chemistry group and Formulation development
• Generate data for regulatory filings and author relevant sections in regulatory documents
• Author of technical documents
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in drug development
• Strong technical skills in Analytical chemistry
• Experience in interactions with CMOs and GMP manufacturing
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong written and oral skills
• Experience in pre-formulation development
• Experience in writing regulatory documents and in regulatory submissions
• Small molecule experience
What makes us different?
We use chemistry to create antibiotics that have never been seen before.