Looking for an inspirational career? Be a revolutionary.
We’re dedicated to developing new antibiotics that will address critical health problems now and in the future. We hope you share this vision, and will bring your talent and ideas to this important goal. Our groundbreaking technology provides the opportunity for rapid development of important new drugs. Come join us and help us move forward: Every minute counts. Come join a small, highly focused team in the Boston area. Please use the form below to inquire about employment opportunities.
Benefits and Rewards
Macrolide Pharma’s offers benefits to attract and retain the most talented individuals with skills and energy to contribute to our shared vision of building a collaborative drug development company. We offer competitive health and financial compensation and benefits packages that reward employees with a share in our company’s success.
Health, wellness and financial benefits
We provide a comprehensive benefits package aimed at improving the financial, physical, and personal health of our employees and their families. Here are some of our benefits:
- Health care coverage, including medical, prescription drug, vision, dental
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a competitive company match
Paid time off
We believe supporting a positive work-life balance is crucial for employee satisfaction and performance — we encourage our employees to spend ample time with family and friends. We offer substantial paid time off and paid holidays each year.
Macrolide Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Macrolide Pharmaceuticals also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
What makes us different?
We use chemistry to create antibiotics that have never been seen before.
Senior Scientist/Associate Director – Bioanalysis
An opportunity is available for a highly motivated bioanalytical scientist to join the Biology department at Macrolide Pharmaceuticals. This laboratory-based role will provide support for the in vivo efficacy and pharmacokinetic studies in support of our drug discovery programs. The successful applicant will be primarily responsible for the development and implementation of innovative bioanalytical methods with LC-MS-based detection. This position requires strong bioanalytical expertise and experience with triple quadrupole quantitative mass spectrometry.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, validation, and implementation of LC-MS/MS assays in support of exploratory drug discovery projects.
- Establish and maintain responsibility for the bioanalytical laboratory operations including the development of methods for sample preparation and separation, data analysis and interpretation, reporting and follow up discussions with members of the project teams.
- Develop partnerships in a matrix project environment, influencing the biological strategy of the drug discovery projects
- Ensure all tasks are carried out according to appropriate scientific standards and proper record-keeping is maintained
- PhD with 2+ years of experience (industry preferred) or B.S. / M.S with 5+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Established experience in development, characterization, and implementation of quantitative bioanalytical assays based on quantitative mass spectrometry.
- Expertise and extensive knowledge in operation of modern triple quadrupole and ion trap/orbitrap mass spectrometers and associated control and data analysis software systems.
- Hands-on experience with complex sample preparation methodologies from biological matrices such as plasma, serum, and tissue is required to support the in vivo efficacy and pharmacokinetic studies.
- Understanding of drug ADME, pharmacokinetics, and protein chemistry is required
Scientist I and Scientist II, Process Chemistry R&D
Macrolide has two positions open for Scientists in our Process R&D group. These positions are hands-on, laboratory positions who will be responsible for designing innovative routes to complex small molecules followed by conducting process research and development to assure safe and consistent manufacturing at large scale. Manufacturing at kilo-scale in our in-house facility is a part of the responsibilities along with collaboration and technology transfer to external vendors for scale-up. The candidate should have a strong record of accomplishment in organic chemistry, including a track record of publications demonstrating innovative and creative solutions to problems.
• Process Chemistry R&D
• Route design/innovation
• Collaborates with members of the process chemistry team and external collaborators to assure timely delivery of material
• Author of technical documents
• Ph.D. with 0-6 years of process chemistry experience or MS with 2+ years experience
• Background in organic chemistry
• Some travel required
• Experience in process chemistry R&D including interactions with CMOs desired
• Scale-up and technology transfer experience
• GMP experience